Friday, July 22, 2005

79 Days

TGIF baby! No running for me today. Although, it's kind of a trade off when one is getting up early on Friday anyway to go to the DENTIST!!! Besides just being a friday (and therefore automatically getting the day off just for that fact), it's nice to have a day off just before a long run. I was going to do a race on Saturday, but gosh, $20 is a lot of money to go run 3.1 miles without all my friends! Jen, perhaps I'll see you Saturday morning at the Arboretum? I figure we'll need extra fluids due to heat and humidity, so I can keep some water in my car. And, since it's a loop, we can all run different distances. Elissa's sleeping in, so she won't be there.

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Here's my running/nutrition tip of the day. Just because you're a runner (I'm speaking to everyone, including myself), and you're burning calories with every minute you run more efficiently than 90% of other exercisers.. does NOT give you license to eat anything you want! Almost anyone will tell you that no matter who you are (fat, skinny, fast, slow), you burn about 100 calories per mile. If it takes you 6 minutes to run a mile, you've just burned 100 calories faster than the 10-minute miler. That said, a couple miles a day does not give you that many "extra" calories to work with. Slapping on a 600 calorie dessert after a 4 mile run still leaves you in the black with 200 calories added to your daily total. Better than not running at all.. but just remember to be wise when doing that mental math. We all know, math can definitely get fuzzy.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Kris said...

And even that 100 calories is only true if you're 150lbs! Remember, a calorie is a unit for work, work = force x distance, and force is mass x acceleration, therefore, the less you weigh, the less you burn per mile.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Pete said...

Now Kris, that give me a great idea. I'll pack on an extra 50 pounds so I can burn more calories!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home