Wednesday, July 20, 2005

81 Days

81 Days left until the commencement of the mini-marathon. I found myself running at 8a.m. today in order to beat the heat. The problem is, while heat is annoying, humidity is a problem too. I did find that 71 degrees at 100% humidity, though more pleasant than 78 at 86% humidity (believe it or not, the 7 degrees makes a bigger difference than the 14%), it still produces just as much sweat. I did my staple of 5 miles this morning, and plan on running in the Bluegrass State Games this saturday at 7:30 a.m.
I know, I know, not everyone has the luxury of beating the heat by running in the morning, but as official training does not start until next week, 3 miles would be fine for today. Or, if you really want to push it in this weather, 4.

At 5:28 AM, Blogger JCo said...

I managed two last night! That was enough to make me happy of my accomplishment!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kris said...

In this heat...that's awesome! The humidity makes it 4 times as difficult.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Pete said...

I am under the spirit that running at the hottest time of the day is great. That way your getting that extra workout and you don't run as far.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Hmmm, kind of like that old theory of running in a plastic bag to lose weight. Makes it like a sauna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home