Wednesday, July 20, 2005

80 Days

Those of you who work for a living during the summer may wonder what kind of people we see out in the morning...despirate housewives? Not even close. I tell you, when I get up extra early to run, I feel very wise. Why is that? Everyone I see has to be older than 100! Sure, I know, old people get up early naturally, so I should expect to see them out, but I think the real reason they walk in the morning is because they are wise. When I go in the afternoon, I see a bunch of people in their 20's and 30's with their dogs looking at them like they are crazy!
Oh, and keep in mind, there is a heat advisory today from noon to 8, so if you plan to be out doors running, 8:15 or later would be a great time to go!

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Pete said...

When I was stretching I had one of those slightly cloudy memories, then the smell of the burning sidewalk pushed it's way through. Today's run reminded me of cross country in Florida.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kris said...

That's right! I forget you're use to that Florida humidity. You're one up on the rest of us KY runners.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jules said...

I actually ran in the midst of the heat advisory too (5 pm). But either a) I'm getting used the heat (yeah right) or b) when the sun took a respite behind the approaching storm clouds (never did storm) it made it all the more bearable. I still did sweat out about a couple pounds worth of fluid, but somehow I survived. I really cannot wait for it to cool down. This is some tough running!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home